Friday, October 19, 2007

Latest Pix + Vonage Schmonage

Our neighborhood playgroup visited Gardner Village recently. It was all decked out in its Halloween glory. Here is Emma with her friend Jackson.


Emma and pals surveying the stream below


L to R: Witch, Mom, Em

Gardner Village has a cool petting zoo. Emma took full advantage of the petting privileges.


These baby pigs were darling. Their tails were waving a mile a minute.


Emma is just beginning to fit into many of the darling outfits we got as shower gifts a year ago. Here is a sporty denim look.


And a chic green and white ensemble.


Emma in a beautiful coat her Aunt Boo Boo brought her from Disneyland (it has ladybug spots on the back).


And in keeping with that theme, a ladybug is what Emma will be for Halloween (we got the costume online from Old Navy).

On a different subject: Joe and I have Vonage telephone service, which comes through our computer. When we get voicemails we get them as e-mails with the voice message sent as an attachment (that we listen to). Lately Vonage has been pushing a new service whereby somebody (a human being presumably, but I'm not so sure) will transcribe the message so you can simply read the text of the message in an e-mail ("for only 25 cents a call!"). We've been getting free trial transcriptions of our voice messages and they are an absolute SCREAM. I think they must have non-native speakers, or robots, or aliens transcribing them. Or maybe it's just a machine. Anyway, check out the transcription of a message I got yesterday:

"I. Know. This is granted to me if. Dictator called me this morning and 1 good need to see if we could have been opening song. So. Could you please just choose 1 and then. I can eat anything so it doesn't happen to me but. Central not home and i have to go get the grandkids in a couple of hours. But different you would like to call me back it's 569. 1 c route 79. Thank you. Life state."

After listening to the actual recording, I discerned this is what the caller really said:

"Hello. This is Grethe, Denise. Birgitte called me this morning and wanted me to see if we could have an opening song. So could you please just choose one and then, I can lead anything so it doesn't matter to me, but since you're not home and I have to go get the grandkids in a couple of hours, but if you'd like to call me back, it's 569-1079. Thank you. Bye."

And then at the end of the transcription you read the following:

"Isn't Vonage Visual Voicemail Great! You could be reading this voicemail message even if you were stuck in a meeting. No more waiting until the meeting is over to listen to your messages."

Joe and I won't be signing up for the service, but we've had some great laughs over the nutty transcriptions.

That's all for now!

15 comments:

andrea said...

Emma's ladybug costume is ADORABLE. Love it!

We have Vonage, too, and have yet to try the voice mail transcription service. Thanks for the advice. I'll continue to avoid it. Thanks even more for the laughs I got reading the robot-translated message. :)

Eliza2006 said...

Love the pics! Emma and her homies are so cute!
Love the new clothes and the ladybug costume!!!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the latest Emma pics.
Your Vonage text reads a lot like what many teen-age sacrament meeting speakers sound like through my hearing aids. It ALMOST makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting! I was checking often and just waiting! Emma is so very cute in all the outfits and we loved the ladybug. We call Emily Em as well...we love the name...good name for beautiful girls!

Julia Warren said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That Vonage visual voicemail was hilarious. "I can eat anything, so..."
I thought of Emma the other day when I found a ladybug crawling on me in the grocery store. An omen of good luck! Yay.

Anonymous said...

Cute Emma pictures and outfits. I had to hold back my laughing while I read that transcription because Jack's asleep, but that was hilarious.

Ang said...

See, I've always hated people who can eat anything. It seems like NOTHING bad every happens to them. Hilarious.
Life State,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new updates! I looked at them for the first time at mom and dad's house and I've been salivating over how adorable Emma looks in that coat that Boo-Boo bought her! And her Halloween costume is so fun. I bet she loves putting it on. Just think of all the things you get to do with her this year that she's old enough to participate in and enjoy - Halloween being the first of many over the next few months.
Only one more week until Emma day!
Love,
Aunt Barbie

Anonymous said...

CUTE PICS! Jackson made it on your blog and he happened to be sitting on my lap when I pulled your blog up. Big smile on his face!

Anonymous said...

I recognize the green & white chic.
Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I can eat anything so it doesn't happen to me, either. It makes me want to sign up for the service. Emma's fashion show is adorable. I hope she's been having fun on both Emma day and Halloween night. She makes such a cute ladybug.
How can they possibly get Life State out of 'bye?
XO Julie

laurel said...

Darling costume! She is a very cute girl.

Peggy said...

She is, of course, beautiful! What did you give her for her "We're so glad we met you" present? I hope you are all well!
--Peggy

Thea said...

Happy Halloween Denise and Joe and Emma! We had a great time on the west coast too. What fun Chloe is, even if she has been dubbed by my sister, "Little Miss Bossy." (: Emma looks terrific - and so do both of you. Take good care

Thea

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?

I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked
hard on. Any tips?
My website ... nude girls