Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Off to School....with Bangs!



Today was Emma's first morning at her new preschool. She goes twice a week for three hours. I thought I was taking her photo this morning but I had the camera in movie mode, so that's why you have the herky jerky video. Behold the new bangs. It's kind of a nice change, and we don't have the raggly scraggly tendrils falling in front of the eyes any more.

When I picked up Emma from school this morning one of her teachers said, "She has a heart of gold! I'm so glad she's in my class." Apparently Emma had been extra nice to some of the other kids and had given a couple of hugs to a little boy who was crying.

She's been very sweet during my recovery from surgery, too. Almost every morning the first thing she asks is, "Your leg feel better today?" One day I told her that I would get better and better all the time and she said, "And then you'll be regular mama again." (I hope that's a good thing...)

She is a cutie patootie.

7 comments:

The Oregonians said...

Even herky jerky she's a doll.
And what wonderful comments/observations she makes.
Give her big hugs.

Ang said...

School! What a big kid. And what a great compliment from her first day. (Love the bangs.)

Kathryn said...

Oh what a doll! She looks so cute with her new haircut, but I think she looks too grown up. She's not supposed to get older, she's too cute! :) Its good to hear that you are feeling better Denise!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denny/Regular Mama! I love the inadvertent mini-video - priceless! Emma DOES have a heart of gold - it's been evident all along - you lucky duck - it's going to be so fun for you to watch her venture out into the great world and make friends with all of her fellow munchkins along the way! Hooray for Emma Claire!
XO
Aunt Barbie

jodster613 said...

Emma is so cute! Hope you're doing well Denise, I'll have to give you a call and stop by.
Jody

Julia Warren said...

I love her laugh "Hah!" and her bangs!

Grandma Gerri said...

Of course regular mama is good, what else could it be. great clip