Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Haiku For You

Denny called my work
Emma hasn't seen the beach
Southwest fly us there


So there we was. We have just returned from four action-packed days in San Diego. Turns out that Emma is a great traveler (much like Gozer I assume). The following will be a "pictorial" of our adventures, along with the appropriate comments where needed.


This was Emma's first reaction to the beach



There is so much sand!



Thursday was dedicated to Legoland. We
were there to open the place up. Turns
out there are 40 million Legos on display.


Here we see a couple on safari.


Emma peering out of Lego Lion


We went to Old Town San Diego one night for
dinner and a little Mariachi music.


We tried a couple of different beaches.


We thought it best to hit this one
when the tide was out.


"Wish they all could be California girls..."



She couldn't believe all you had
to do was pick up the phone, and
a nice lady would bring us some
ice cream with whipped cream
and cherries (plenty of 'em).


Emma was so tired she fell asleep before
take off, and didn't wake up until landing.

It was great to get away, and wonderful to get back. Four days was just about right. Falling asleep one night, Emma reflected, "I'm going to miss this city." Ok then.


10 comments:

The Oregonians said...

Best travelogue we've ever read, especially the pics.
Welcome home.

Marianne & Eddie said...

That Haiku was incredible! I love a little spontaneity. Looks like Emma could not love the beach more, I'm glad you guys got to go!

andrea said...

That first pic of her at the beach is priceless! I wonder if we were at beaches on opposite coasts at the same time. What a great getaway. I'm glad she's a good traveler for ya.

Ang said...

Love the pictures. Emma looks just thrilled in every one. What a fun trip!

amy said...

Those are the happiest Emma smiles! What a fun trip. Was it really that spontaneous?

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Well, not exactly. I called Joe at work one day in July because Southwest was having a great sale and I thought we needed to get away somewhere. But the Haiku is so poetic this way...

Julie said...

What a happy post! So glad you had a grand time in San Diego. Room service. Ice cream sundaes. "I'm gonna miss this city." I think she will forever be in love with the place.

Julia Warren said...

Okay, I want an 8 x 10 print of that first picture of Emma so I can put it up and look at it whenever I need a pick-me-up. Love it.

laurel said...

So totally jealous! Love each and every picture. So great.
Glad travel went well...a cranky kid can kill a trip. So so glad she was a gem.

We are going to a pumpkin patch Oct. 2 at 10:30. It is in Farmington. Want to go?

Anonymous said...

I'm also jealous. It looks like you had a great time. Your Haiku was poetic. Pumpkin Patch is really Thursday Oct 1 at 10:30 at Pack's Pumpkin Patch 1700 W Glover's Lane in Farmington. Would love to see you!