Monday, July 12, 2010

How Many Fun Things Can a Girl Do at a Party?


Well, if you go to Laurel and Jay's house for dinner (in Bluffdale, where they live on an ACRE and have the most amazing backyard known to manKIND), and a bunch of other friends come over too, turns out you can do a ton of fun things.

You can drive around in a pink battery-powered princess car with Xanthe.


You can jump on the tramp.

And jump off the tramp.

And meander through the English garden.

You can slide.
And swing.

And assist Anya in swinging (accompanied by Xanthe, Emily, and Maylin)

You can eagerly anticipate your turn to whack the pinata...

...and then whack the pinata.

And then blow bubbles (part of the pinata loot) whilst dangling your feet in the stream.

And I didn't even mention the food....(there was this raspberry cream cheesy jello salad with a pretzel crust that was refreshingly sweet and crunchy all at the same time. I kept slicing out one more little square...just to even out the edges. And there was this yummy layered salad with peas in it and a lot of mayo and lettuce. That was good. And brownies with frosting. And other things too numerous to mention. I'm such a sucker for food. Emma, she can take it or leave it. She'd rather drive the Princess car with Xanthe. )

What a perfect summer evening of fun. Thank you, Hill Family!!

6 comments:

The Gardener said...

When I read your heading I thougt, "Oh, about 10". Then I thought about Emma and up'd it to 50! :-)
I need to go find some jello....

The Brown Family said...

It was fun to see you again and chat. I love the parties at Laurels and I always wish for more time to talk as moms ;)

The jello recipe is posted on my blog. Dig through the archives to November 2008. The post is titled Mormons Know Jello. And...I always bring it to Laurels, so we'll eat it again next year!!

Kim Brown

Circe said...

It was such a great party, and so fun to see all of you! That lettuce salad with peas is called Sarah's Salad in the Lion House cookbook if you're looking for it. I love it too! And the pretzel jello thing is a staple at all of our family parties now, since my SIL brought it to Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It's so addictive!

Anonymous said...

It was really fun to see you at the BBQ. Looks like Emma had a blast. Great to get together with other families and compare stories:)

Julia Warren said...

That sounds like a rockin party. I always wanted one of those powerwheels cars as a little girl, it must have been quite the thrill for Emma.

laurel said...

We are so glad you came! I loved watching the girls be together. Man, and the way you write, it sounds like my yard is the place to be. I better have my kids read this, they think we are BORING!

Lets get together and swim soon.