Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Quilt, Etc.

Debbie Solberg's glorious 100 Good Wishes quilt hanging above the fireplace. It is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. It is pleasant to lie on the couch and ponder it.

Emma enjoyed romping on the quilt before we hung it up.

More romping

We took Emma sledding at Sugar House park on Saturday. She liked it pretty well. She didn't squeal with delight, but patiently endured speeding down the hill on her saucer and didn't complain when we sent her on a couple more trips. I think she looks cool and tough in this photo.

Cool and tough, up close.

Things are going well chez Haynie. Emma is a scream and makes us laugh on a daily basis. She is beginning to say many words (dog, doll, bib, Annie, eye), raises her hand and says "me!" when we ask "Who's a cutie pie?", and will attempt to recreate pretty much any sound when it's repeated a few times. When we ask her what her name is she says "Em!" She still loves sign language, too, and has taken to signing "more" with tiny little movements as she fervently looks up at us with sad puppy dog eyes ("Oh pleeeaaaase give me more: crackers, cheese, gummy worms, carbonated beverage"). She likes to look at her books, slide down the stairs on her tummy, swing at the park if the weather's decent, ride in the big kid fake car shopping carts at the store, play in the bathtub, and dump out food on her highchair tray in order to examine it more closely. She's still a great sleeper, but I think it won't be long before she's out of the crib; she hoists herself up and perches precariously on the rail sometimes before realizing it's a long way down and backing off.

Emma increases in cuteness on an hourly basis and we're enjoying every day with her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the latest news and pictures. What a great smile she has in the "close up".
Good to hear about the progress she's making with words, etc.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Emma with the white onesie romping on the quilt. So cute! Thanks for the pictures!

Ang said...

Yeah! A new Haynie posting! Love the pictures of Emma. I'm so glad for you that she's sleeping. Wyatt is a naughty little sleeper and I must say, it wears on a girl. I keep saying, "Light at the end of the tunnel. Light at the end of the tunnel" to myself. (Well, not literally. That would be weird.) But Emma's pictures are darling. There's nothing cuter than a kid with cold cheeks all bundled up!

andrea said...

That close-up picture is DARLING. I love it! Sounds like she is a fun, active little girl.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the close-up of Emma in her funky hat! I had to print it out at work and show her off - it's so exotic . . . Thanks for the update - it was an unexpected delight!!!

Love,
Aunt Barbara

Julia Warren said...

Em! She really is a cutie pie. And she's speaking English...I'm so proud .

Ang said...

Hey Denny! Just so you know, I changed the name of my blog so my last name isn't included. The new blog address is angn4plus4.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll and we love the quilt!