Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ride 'Em Emma!




Our good friends Lorana and Earl dropped by this week and presented Emma with her very own rocking horse. It rocks. Lorana and Earl rock! Earl has made too many horses to count. They are all collectors items. Emma climbed on and took off. She is a natural. She even ran into her room and got her blanket, and then proceeded to put the blanket on top of the seat to soften her ride. I told Earl the next horse should include "tuck and roll."

Since our last entry, Emma has graduated from her crib. Her commencement was punctuated by Emma performing an "Acapulco-style" cliff dive over the rail to the floor (I gave her an 8 out of 10). We are still working out the details of keeping a toddler in her own room at night with out the benefit of some solid, well placed bars. Cribs is wonderful.

Denny and Emma have both had a cold this past week. They are on the mend, but it made for some long nights. Emma reminded me of that actress who called Barney "doll" on Andy of Mayberry. Strange sounds from a two-year old.

I am in DC this week, at a business forum, and wish my girls we with me. They both travel so well. I have included a photo of the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Great respect and precision!

OK then

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun rocking horse! Good luck with the transition to the bed. You'll have to let us know if you figure out some trick to keeping such an active little girl to stay put. It was so fun to see her at Wyatt's blessing. She is so cute and curious.

Anonymous said...

Oh....my.....gosh - that horse is gorgeous. What a creation of love - and the friend looks like the epitome of a loving grandpa for the world. Ang gloriouski, Emma's hair is growing - she looks so much older and wiser than just a couple of weeks ago. Good luck on the transition from sleeping behind bars to sleeping in a big girl bed!
Love,
Barbralicious

Ang said...

I can always tell when Joe is writing because I can hear his voice in it exactly. What a cute rocking horse! I bet Emma loves it. She looks so happy and healthy and rosy-cheeked!

LB said...

I am wondering where Earl and Lorana are with our rocking horse! :) Gorgeous

andrea said...

What a smart girl to grab a makeshift saddle. Riding bareback can really chafe!

Thea said...

Hello Denise and Joe and Emma!! What a great blog!! Emma is beautiful and brilliant to think of a saddle for her horse. I can hear the joy and love you have for her in your posts. I soooo wish I was still in SLC so our girls could grow up together. But,we can be thankful for blogs.

Much love to all of you!