Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Our Sullen Ballerina

Emma loves her new tutu and leotard (a gift from her sis Jane), but didn't especially want to beam for the camera when we took her picture.
But she did show off one of her fancy moves.

And took a nice, deep bow.

Here's a smile. She likes taking tubbies in the kitchen sink as well as in the grown-up bathtub.

Random comments:
- Our tree is decorated only on the top half (and I think you know why).
- Emma enjoyed the recent big snow on Saturday ("Bih! Sno!"). We got bundled up and went for a walk and shook snow-covered branches of trees to watch the snow fall down.
-Stephens' dulce de leche flavored cocoa: Yumsters!
- I like it when cute Christmas programs for kids come on between 7:00 and 8:00. That's the hour when I'm always wondering "what do I do now...."
-We had fun at birthday dinner for Grandpa Hiatt at Chuck-a-Rama last week (and please pronounce that Chuck-a-Rahma). Aunt Barbie was there and Emma blew the wrapper of her straw at her and hit a perfect bull's eye (to many cheers and much laughter). She's been talking about Aunt Barbie ever since. "An Bawbie...blow! straw!"
-Oh! Big news. Emma started nursery school at DDI Vantage last week. She goes two mornings a week for 90 minutes. She loves it and I think it's going to be really good for her.
-I went shopping last night at All-a-Dollar to see what I could find in the way of dollary Christmas items. Found a few of those, but found even more non-Christmasy things. Spray starch that I usually pay way more for. Canned beans. A set of 5 kiddy toothbrushes. A little bag of chocolates to eat on the way home (and they were terrible; I was so disappointed). There was such a random variety of merchandise. I counted 33 beeps as the checker scanned my stuff. Grand total: $33.83. It really is all a dollar!
-Our stake conference is this Sunday. Last conference I went alone and Joe stayed home with Emma. This time I think we'll take her and hang out in the foyer if need be. Emma has worn the same pink dress to Church 3 weeks in a row and I think we'll shoot for 4 this Sunday.
-Check out the following link to the blog of a family who adopted twin girls from China shortly before we did. One of their girls is a real juice fan. It's cute.
-I taught Relief Society on Sunday and it was such a relief to have it done that now I feel like I can enjoy getting ready for Christmas.
-Hope everybody else is enjoying getting ready, too!


PS. Take a look at this! http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1187870322 OK then.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Emma's smile in the tub. The tutu picture looks like she is saying, "you can make me pose for the picture but you can't make me smile!" Emily is VERY independent like that! Thanks for the juice link! It was funny. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What great pictures.
Good dollar store shopping, too.
(Maybe someone will give you some gourmet chocolate for Christmas...)
Give Emma hugs and kisses from us.
Mom and Dad

andrea said...

Emma's smile in the kitchen sink bath is priceless! And it looks like she takes her ballet technique very seriously.

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable in that tutu! I wish we had a dollar store close by. I end up going to Walmart and getting their 88 cent stuff, but there's not much selection. Good luck at stake conference!

Eliza2006 said...

Emma is a beautiful ballerina! That's great that she's doing the DDI preschool. Eliza is now bored on the days she doesn't have school. She is constantly asking for the kids! Ah, the life of an only child! Love the update!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

The number of pictures definitely made up for the lack of food. That said I would have preferred a picture or two from the Chuck-a-Ramma.

Dollar Store Chocolate = Brown Wax I should have told you that earlier.

Anonymous said...

Emma loving pre-school is just the beginning of Emma loving every social situation she can grab onto - that girl can light up a room - even one as big as Chuck-O-Rama! Loved your tales of shopping at the dollar store - I felt like I was along for the ride. Thanks for the bee-u-tiful ballerine photos too. Just think, in 5 or 6 years you can take Emma to see performance of The Nutcracker at Christmas!!
Love,
Aunt Barbie

Ang said...

Our tree is decorated on the top half, too. And the kitchen sink is also Wyatt's tub of choice! We're still a ways away from preschool, though . . . but I bet Emma loves it. It's so fun to see them put on their little backpacks and trudge through the door so independent.

And there's nothing worse than terrible chocolate.

AmyO said...

She's quite the dancer :) Super cute tutu!