Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Three, and I'm Cute.

Emma had her 3-year-old pix taken last week out to the Kiddie Kandids. Oh my, what a difference from last year, when the photog could hardly catch her still for more than a second or two. This time around she was downright coquettish. The guy taking her picture this year said that kids are really hard to photograph between ages 1-1/2 and 2-1/2, but 3 is a great age because they'll pose but their smiles haven't become artificial yet. Thought that was an interesting observation from one who knows. Anyway, hope you enjoy these loverly photos.
Note the stamp on her hand from Costco.




And to close, a couple cute Emma stories from recently.
- We were driving past a McDonald's the other day and she pointed to it and said, "Old McDondald, e-i-e-i-o!"
- I was outside and she yelled "Mom, come here!" (on Emma that sounds like "Come eee-uh!" Sounds like she's from Brooklyn). Anyway, I came inside and she said "Thank you for obeying."
- We made cupcakes the other day then walked around the neighborhood giving them out to neighbors and random passersby. It was a warm day and Emma kicked off her sandals, which I held along with the cupcakes. Then we walked up to a friend's house and her little boy (6-ish) was out in front playing. After taking a cupcake, he went inside and tearfully told his mother that "Emma doesn't have any shoes...We need to get Emma some shoes." [This I learned later from his amused mom.] And then he knelt down and said a prayer for Emma! His mother assured him that Emma probably had shoes and just decided not to wear them. But isn't that a tenderhearted little boy?
That's all for now....




17 comments:

Emily said...

She is such a beautiful girl!

Eliza2006 said...

How the heck is she three?! Where does the time go? She is so darn cute. I'm really curious to see if Eliza is any easier for 3 year old pics. It really was about 18 months when she became impossible to photograph. Emma looks so happy!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Even though we have seen the pictures "live", it's great to see them here, too. Her captivating personality sure some through in these.
Give her an "Iluv" for us.
G&G Hiatt

Anonymous said...

PS: Make that "comes through".
We wouldn't have been surprised to see Emma completely covered with stickers.
G&G

laurel said...

She is so pretty! What great photos! She and Maylin do look a lot alike. That is amazing. She is growing so much. Loved all the stories about her. Each one made me laugh. I think the obeying story is my favorite by a bit. She is so funny.

Ang said...

Oh, what dang cute pictures. I really like the ones with the hat. "Thank you for obeying" is classic. Classic!

Peggy said...

Are you kidding me? How cute is she? And what the heck? You bake cupcakes and take deliver them to random friends instead of hiding them and eating them while she sleeps? (Not that I would EVER do that, I've just heard of REALLY crappy moms who would. L-A-M-E!) You are making slacker moms of the world look bad. Neglect your kid for a minute to watch Judge Judy, will ya??? ;) LOL!

andrea said...

I'm with Ang. I love the pics of her in the hat. ADORABLE!

And thanks for sharing the cute little vignettes from your days....and for obeying your daughter. :)

Kathryn said...

These pictures of Emma are SO adorable!!! I can't believe how grown up she looks...she is going to break some hearts when she gets older! :)

Anonymous said...

"I'm Three, and I'm Stunning!" would be more appropriate - but I know, I know, you have to be careful not to brag too much when you're the mom - but I can tell it like it is since I'm the Aunt. Loved the story about her shoes and her little 6-year-old friend - thanks for the update.
Love,
Aunt Barbie

Julia Warren said...

I love her sparkling, genuine smile! Wouldn't is be great if we could always smile spotaneously and non-artifically in front of a camera?

Anonymous said...

Your Em is so beautiful! What a photogenic face and smile! I love that you came quickly and "obeyed" and she thanked you for obeying. Lots of learning taking place:)

laurel said...

I was just looking back at your blog. I knew it, but I guess it didn't register that Emma and Maylin are both from Hubei. Maybe that is why they look so much a like. They have a regional look. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so beautiful. I like the top one the best. Emma looks so grown up! Such cute dimples and curled hair (like Aunt Julie!) She looks like a little Chinese Princess. Beauty. OK then.

Julie

rachel said...

How darling! I love the pics, and the stories of things kids do are the best! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Emma is such a doll. You are such wonderful parents and Emma is so lucky to have you in her life. If you are ever in the neighborhood drop in, we'd love to see you. All of the 2nd ward would love to see you too.
Kathy T

Anonymous said...

Do we have to wait until she's "four and fabulous" before we get more pictures and wise sayings? (Yes, we know, you're busy....)
RGH