Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Kat! Hit Ball! Hard!"

That's what Emma says when I tell her we're going to a volleyball match at the U. Because, you see, our lovely (and tough!) daughter-in-law, Kathryn (Andy's wife), is on the women's volleyball team and she hits the ball HARD! That's her down there in the middle, in the white. On Thursday she achieved her 1,000th career kill (a "kill" is when you punch the ball so hard over the net that the opposing team can't return it...I used to not know that, being generally ignorant of sports-related terminology). Only 10 other women have done that in the U's history. Way to hit the ball hard, Kat.
Emma attended the match, dressed in Utah red. She hung with the cheerleaders for awhile...

...and didn't know which direction to face for the national anthem...but she got the hand position right. It was a fun evening.


..

6 comments:

The Oregonians said...

Great blog entry. Congratulations to Kat. Emma, you'll make a great cheer leader some day.

Anonymous said...

Oh Denny, wouldn't it be fun to be able to hit the ball hard? And Kat is such a sweetheart in all areas of her existence - perfect combination. Congrats to her on the milestone and Emma looks great in red!
XO
Aunt Barbie

Kathryn said...

Thanks for this sweet post! Emma was so cute that day...as she is everyday, but she looked especially adorable in her red outfit! Everyone on my team kept pointing out the cute little girl on the sidelines. I was so proud! :) She is such a sweetie!

Julie said...

Way to do, Kathryn! In my limited area of athleticism one thing I learned from YW volleyball was how to serve. It's the only thing that saves me from total embarrassment when I'm playing volleyball. You rock, Kathryn! Kill away!

So cute, Emma! Kat hit ball hard, indeed. I can't believe how much she can talk now. She was possibly facing.....east? during the pledge of allegiance?
Julie

Anonymous said...

Way to go as well. Sheesh

laurel said...

That is so cool! Wow! I wish I could play anything that well. I can see it in a few years, Emma a cheerleader and a volleyball player. She sure is cute.