Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Handsome Missionary Nephew


One of my nephews, Russell, went in to the Missionary Training Center today for 9 weeks of training before he heads to Naga, Philippines, for his 2-year mission. Above is a photo of me, Russell's grandparents and Aunt Barbie at the MTC. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and we had a glorious experience helping to send him off.

Good luck and God bless you, Russell. You will be an outstanding missionary.

Some of our family have decided to read the entire Book of Mormon during the month of October. That's roughly 18 pages a day (or 36 pages every other day ...). Hope I can keep up. It's not too late to join the challenge....

7 comments:

laurel said...

What a great experience!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
When we got back from the MTC I got my new computer. Spent the rest of the day hooking it up. Still working on it. Somehow I managed to get your blog with this picture. "Wonder of wonders..."
It was, indeed, a great day. Hope your blog comment will encourage others to join our "challenge."
I finished p. 20 tonight.

Dad --

Ang said...

It was so fun to see you and Joe and Emma and Grandma and Grandpa and Elder Higgins at dinner the night before. Missionaries are always so good lookin', and Russell was no exception! I'm sure he'll do great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Russell...and good luck with reading the BofM this month.

Anonymous said...

Denies - I just got my pictures developed and that day has to go down in history as one of the most glorious fall days on record - so glad we were all able to experience it together - and I can't wait to hear the first update of what he's been up to at the MTC!
Love,
Barbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Denny! Thanks everyone for the great send-off for Russell. I'm glad it was such a beautiful fall day in Provo. We have a great family. Denny saw (Elder) Russell Higgins get born on Dec. 7, 1988, a day that will live in infamy, no, wait, glory, and one that his mother will never forget. (10 lbs. 11 1/2 oz - no meds). No WONDER he turned out to be the tallest missionary in the MTC!
XO
Julie

Julia Warren said...

Ok, hilarious comment by my mom. I will still never understand why she had an epidural with me and not Russell! Thanks again Denny for the great pics and for taking care of our Elder!