Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cookies, Crafts and Crashes

That's what Emma's been up to lately. The "cookie" part was yesterday, when she and big sister Jane undertook a baking project. January sugar cookies (who says the season is over?). Emma was fully involved and took a long bath afterward.




But the end results were pastel pretty and quite delicious. I ate roughly seven of them just today!




The "craft" part has been during the last few days. Emma's very deft with a pair of scissors and embarks on feverish, mysterious construction paper projects from time to time. Below is a mask she created with paper, twine and scotch tape. Pretty cool, and who cares if the eye holes don't line up with the actual eyes.


Nobody was injured in the "crash" part last week. She just went sliding down the mild slope in our backyard on her saucer a few times. Almost as fun as sledding at Sugarhouse Park and not nearly as hazardous (we've been a few times...and it's kind of a heartstopping experience for many reasons).

And the hike back up the hill isn't as bad as it seems.



Sorry we've been slacker bloggers lately (all five of you who care). We'll try to update again soon. In the meantime, happy January doldrums.

8 comments:

laurel said...

I was so excited to see new pictures!!!!!!!!! Those cookies look so good. I am guessing Emma used her hands to frost more than a knife?! Hee Hee. I wish we had a hill in our yard. I hate having to go far to find a hill. That is the reason my kids don't go often. They have a lame mom. Maylin and Emma need to get together. Maylin also loves scissors and spends hours cutting paper. I really think the mask is a very good attempt at her age! Good thinking Emma. And more than 5 people care....I only get about that many comments, but I know a lot of people lurk.

The Oregonians said...

Hey, we care, too.
And some of us get fewer than five comments almost all the time.
Any cookies left?

Anonymous said...

The craft glasses are a hoot! I love pictures of Emma:)

Anonymous said...

Every time I see Emma, I just want to eat her up. And now she comes with frosting! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Emma and snow. Utah snow. Does it snow in China?

Anonymous said...

Emma, sugar cookies, going down a mild incline on a saucer - seeing those pictures cured my January doldrums. Thanks for the update!
XO
Auntie Barbie

Julia Warren said...

I love the mysteriousness of Emma's non eyehole aligned mask.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know we're not the only ones with sharing issues. Denny, I think Emma has preschool on Mondays but you are invited to a Chinese New Year Play Date next Monday, Jan 26 at Circe Dopp's house 769 Oxford in Kaysville. We are doing potluck and are starting around 11 if you want to come. Anyone else is welcome too!