Monday, April 14, 2008

Emma's Three!

Emma had a birthday on Saturday. She enjoyed every particle of it. I talked it up big for several days beforehand and I guess I got her pretty wound up. On Friday I told her that after she went to sleep that night it would be her birthday when she woke up. She kept saying, "Mom, go sleep now?" for the rest of the day. And later that night (after she HAD gone to bed), she wandered out to the living room at 12:09 a.m. and announced "It's my birthday!" (according to Joe, who witnessed the event.)

We had a couple of fun family celebrations. Emma is now well stocked with balloons and toys and has had her yearly allottment of pink birthday cake. She is also the proud owner of a new red Radio Flyer tricycle.

During a lull on Saturday afternoon (between parties), Emma walked forlornly up and down the hall saying "I would like some more birthday." I think I created a birthday monster.

Sure was great birthday weather on Saturday.
And sure was fun to wear new birthday pj's from Grandma on birthday night.
I've got some more cute pix I'll post later.



11 comments:

Jen Howick said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We have a Dora Birthay balloon and stickers in our car waiting to deliver them to you. I had to PRY them out of Kaitlin's hands, cuz she's such a Dora fanatic. We tried to deliver them to you today but you guys weren't home so we'll give them to you tomorrow after school. Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Emma!! The pjs are cute too:) Time goes by so quickly. It seems like a week ago that we were celebrating our Em's first birthday and now it is her second. Emma saying "I would like some more birthday" is great!

laurel said...

Happy birthday to Emma! Wow 3! That's a big girl! You look so cute in your party hat! And we love your new pjs. Very fancy! I think you should have lots more birthday! Can't wait for more photos.

Anonymous said...

I love those pajamas! They look so comfy. Happy Birthday, Emma!

Sister~Mom said...

happy birthday emma darling! what fun pjs

Grandma Gerri said...

Happy Birthday Emma, she is getting so big and cute.

Anonymous said...

"I want more birthday...." Now how could you NOT make every day her birthday with a plea like that. I think I'll keep that one in mind. For myself.

Emma, those silky pj naranjas are oh so very chic I can hardly stand it.

Big hug and a swing from Aunt Julie

andrea said...

Birthdays are the best! Keep enjoying them while you're young, Emma, cause they're not nearly as fun when you're over, say, 25. :)

Anonymous said...

If the next year flies past like the last one did, Emma will be having "some more birthday" sooner than you think! Dad just gave me a copy of some of the pictures he took at the "morning" party and they're adorable! Eli and I had a blast being part of the day-long celebration.
Love,
Aunt Barbie

Julia Warren said...

Ohh, Emma! I know exactly how you feel...I wanted more birthday too! Happy Belated little one!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to comment after reading ten other comments. We can comment on the comments, too.
The noon time party was great fun for everyone there, and we're sure the second one was, too. There were so many fun party things -- the balloons, the table decorations, the party hats and those things you blow on that uncurl, whatever you call them. We had fun dueling with Emma with them. The tea party with Emma, Eli, and "Aunt Barbara" was fun to watch.
We're for more and more birthdays, no matter how many years past 25 they may be.
Love to you all,
G&G Hiatt