Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Every Picture Tells a Story Don't It?

Thanks to Rod Stewart for today's title, as well as a grammar lesson to boot. I have taken a few pictures with the trusty camera phone, and don't do much with the pictures, other that the occasional phone wall paper. Come to find out that once you put them on a larger screen, they turn out pretty good for such a small lens. Anywho, here are a few shots about town, most with my favoite subject who is not camera (phone) shy in the least.

We went out to breakfast after Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa H to a fancy French bakery/restaurant. This cup of hot chocolate remembers me to the opening scene of "So I Married an Axe Murderer." Emma was pleased with the presentation, I must say.

Here we have the result of another of our frequent visits to Chick-fil-a while Mom was at work. As mentioned in a previous post, Wednesday night is kids night, and they have some sort of entertainment to keep the kids from burning the place to the ground. This night was "snowman-on-on-your-face night. Why can't C-Fil-a come up with a sandwich with some pizzazz? Their sandwiches need more goop and crunch, I think.

Here we have M lording over the best decked-out trunk in the parking lot for trunk or treat. Mama's decorating efforts were not lost on young or the old alike, as manifested by the countless oohs and aahs. An aside: I can't help it, but I am reminded here of another classic movie moment. Whenever I see a bright light in a trunk, methinks of the end of Charlie Varick (the last of the independents) with Walter Matthau. A classic. Back to the subject at hand. As I remember, it was pretty cold that night. Everybody had to bring in their brass monkeys.

I would like to say that this last photo needs no explanation, but I can't. It does. I am a frequent Trax commuter, and the photo ops abound almost every day. There are enough stories to do a whole post, and perhaps that will happen one day. I have seen this dude a few times in my travels. He seems proud of his "Rube Goldberg" contraption, and it gets some stares and giggles, but there it is. He has to keep one hand on the brake to keep the bike from rolling into the stairwell. I think if that happened, his airbag would deploy. OK then.

10 comments:

The Gardener said...

I think Joe should try out the bike thing. He could do it!

Ang said...

I'm a human blanket! (Just had to throw in a good Axe Murderer quote.) Maybe my phone pics would be better if I uploaded them too?? Hmmm.
Great post!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Oh Joey dear. You make me giggle.

Anonymous said...

The picture with the bike guy was great but I like photos with Emma the best! Hey, Circe is hosting a Chinese New Year Day party on President's Day (Feb 15)for moms and "China girls" around 11. Email me at npassey@q.com if you want details. It would be really fun to see you!

andrea said...

Excuse me. I think there's been a mistake. I believe I ordered the LARGE hot cocoa.

You and Denny both take the best photos. I think I take some random ones, but you guys have easily got me topped. Love 'em!

laurel said...

Love it that you do the Chick-fa-la thing on Wed. I keep thinking we will, but I don't! Love the whole post.

The Oregonians said...

That FBI shirt might need some explaining. Is she working for or wanted by?

Julia Warren said...

I am putting in my formal request for a full post of TRAX photos! Hilarious.

Barbie said...

Thanks for the great post Joe! You and Denny are the funniest pair of married-to-each-other writers on the planet. Really. You should do a book or something. I wonder what thoughts are lurking behind the eyes of that well-upholstered woman in the green parka in your trax photo?

Barbie

Anonymous said...

Hi.

I am curious to know which out of these 2 programs is the best. So far, I cant notice a difference in quality.
But I do notice that from a 700-800 mb avi file, convertxtodvd 4 only produces about 1.5-1.8 gb of movie, where as avi2dvd produces 4.3 gb.
Does that mean that convertxtodvd is converting to a different format? or it loses quality?

So far I dont notice a difference, I'm just wondering which program is better? I do the convert then I burn with imgburn.
[url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/m4p-converter/]convert m4p[/url]