Friday, October 20, 2006

Nothing In Particular


OK then. Unacustomed as I am at posting, I decided to give it a go. Joe here. Denny and I are amazed at the interest you all have taken in our "Project Emma," and are glad you are along for the ride. It should get a little more "inaresting" (correct Utah spelling) here the next couple of days as we leave to pick up our little darling.
If you would take a look at the photo up above, you will see the beginnings of what is turning out to be Emma's wardrobe for the next year and a half. It is a good thing her closet is larger than mine, because she will need it. Anywho, we are making last-minute arrangements for our trip. I'm sure we will forget something, but it is the risk I take anytime I leave the house. I once left on a week-long trip and forgot my hairbrush, and didn't miss it for three days.
I am now listening to Hank Williams sing "Take These Chains From My Heart" while composing this missive. It seems to help the creative juices flow. You gotta love the XM radio, don'tcha know. I expect Emma will grow up with an appreciation of the finer performers of our time, such as Ernest Tubb, Hank (both Sr.and Jr.), Charlie Walker, Hank Snow, Merle Haggard, and Red Sovine (24 Truckin' Greats). If she only knew the rich treasures that were in store! I suppose Denny will have some say in the future artist selection, so the list may vary somewhat.
Off of the subject (do I have a subject to be off of?), I went with Andy to Kathryn's volleyball match up at the "U" tonight, where the Utes kicked the collective fannies of the San Diego State Aztecs. Kathryn had a great game; many kills were had. She is cute and tough! We are fortunate to have her joining our family.
That's about it for now. We will be updating our blog during the trip, so "drop on by, take your shoes off, and sit a spell," and be sure to leave a comment if you feel so inclined, as we would be glad to have you share your thoughts. Beauty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgetting the hairbrush is understandable. Just don't forget Emma on the way back.

Anonymous said...

I am in hog heaven - reading a Joey entry - loved it. And also, there's a link to a Weight Watchers Coupon on the left-hand side of your post, which I am now going to double-click on and who knows, when you get back from China I may be sveldt!
I haven't been this excited about receiving communication since Andrew and Tony's missions - We will all be logging in every day starting next Wednesday. I wish I could go with you as the official photographer of the whole event!
Love,
Barbie

Anonymous said...

Wow...cute clothes for a cute girl! The count down is on and we are all excited.

If you ever need a little quiet time, just know Emma has a standing invitation to come to our house. Sam, Josh and Jonah are hoping for lots of "late nights" with Emma. She will have three "big brother" types to stick up for her (and of course tease her). She may come home with an expanded vocabulary, but she will have had rough and tumble fun with her 3 boy cousins!

Yahoo for technology. We too will be checking in to find out the goings-on in China. Have a great trip!!!

andrea said...

Emma is going to be quite the fashionista! She'll probably get to wear each outfit twice before she grows out of them. :) That's happened a couple times with my kids.