Monday, October 23, 2006

T-Minus 16 Hours and Counting!


As I am unable to sleep this evening, the words of the poet Mars Bonfire are swirling through me noggin, and I quote, "Get your motor runnin', head out on the highway, lookin' for adventure, and whatever comes our way. Yeah darlin' go make it happen, take the world in a love embrace. Fire all of your guns at once, explode into space" (Apparently Mr. Bonfire had an affinity for words that end in "g," but didn't like to actually use the "g"). Back on task here; that pretty much sums it up. We have waited so long to be at this point, and now that it is here, it seems like a cool dream. After tellin' ourselves to be patient and not get too excited, it's unreal to turn that around and loose those inhibitions. Months of plannin' now come down to six hectic hours of last-minute hysteria before we throw everythin' in the car and head to the airport. We have had some fantastic input from many people, and it has really helped to calm our aprehensions about some of the unknowns. A special thanks to Ellen and Kristen, for sharin' their China experiences with us yesterday. The photo on tonight's blog (blo' didn't look good) is of Ellen, and she is even cuter in person.
We probably won't do much updating until we reach Beijing, so it may be a few days. We fire all our guns at once and explode into space tomorrow at 4:00 PM, and the next phase of our adventure begins. Be sure to join us! OK then.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we will join you! I just added a comment to the wrong section. Check out tonight's comment from the Pacific Northwest branch of the family about a lady bug siting just moments ago!
Julie

Anonymous said...

HI!!

I hope you have a great trip!

I can't wait to see Emma. I'm not surprised you can't sleep!

Ben

Anonymous said...

Woops, I forgot to put Aunt Julie up there and it came up anonymous. I am now non-anonymous. Euonymous.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Joe - when I exercise to the Richard Simmons video one of the songs on it is the one that is torrrturing you right now. Hope it doesn't stick with you in China. Let's see, hum your favorite hymn.....try replacing it with "Welcome, welcome, Sabbath morning." Or...."Put your shoulder to the wheel". Or.....think of your favorite commercial, such as: "Head on, apply directly to the forehead. Head on, apply directly to the forehead." Do they have that annoying one in Utah. Get this, I saw it yesterday and at the end this regular looking chick comes on and mocks it saying "Head on, apply directly to the forehead x2" and actually says "I hate this commercial! It's so annoying!!! But it works." What I can't figure out is if it is for localized forehead acne or for a forehead headache. Could someone please clear up this mystery for me?
aunt Julie in Clark County

Anonymous said...

OK, I know I should go to bed, too. The lady bug comment is under the picture of the dress I gave her and the purse I made. I could not believe I saw a ladybug. On the ceiling. I thought maybe it was a spider, but it seemed a little too round from a distance. I was so hoping for a lady bug!
Good luck is in store!
Julie

Eliza2006 said...

Have a great trip! I'm right behind you!!!!

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check your blog in the next few days for updates. Wishing you all the best--and for comfy seats on the plane!!!

Anonymous said...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben!

Anonymous said...

Well you made it to China. Now that you have had a chance to sleep a bit I hope you feel GREAT!
I will read your blog daily and my prayers are with you. Be safe and give our little Emma lots of hugs from me.